Thursday, 29 March 2012

I feel like sewing...

It's getting warmer and warmer after all, and I'm looking forward to taking all my breezy, flowery sundresses out of my closet again. :) And as usual, the upcoming spring makes me want to sew and make some clothes for spring and summer myself! Sadly, I'm not a very gifted seamstress. ^^' But I can carry it off. For my own designs I take patterns of a similar shape and alter them. Has always worked perfectly for me. Now the only problem is that I'm really busy right now and will be until my summer holidays. But maybe I can do at least one piece along the way.

Been filling sketchbook pages with clothing designs recently ;)


I'd really like to have some frilly pants to wear with short dresses or tunics, so I might tackle these first.
Furthermore, I'd really love to do Cosplay again. As I've experienced one should start planning a Cosplay as soon as possible. If I want to wear a costume to one of the conventions in summer, now would be the time to set up a plan for it. ^^ More under the cut!




In fact, I still have most of the materials at home for two costumes I wanted to do last year, but then I didn't have enough time:

* Agitha (The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess)

* Samus Aran - Zero Suit (Metroid - series)


The problem with this one is that if I work with elastic fabric (which would be the easiest, I guess), I'd need an overlock sewing machine (which I don't plan on buying anytime soon) or sew it by hand (which would take ages...) :L
And as I really love the new design Princess Zelda got in Skyward Sword, I also thought about cosplaying her ;)


So many ideas, so little time!


8 comments:

  1. Very nice sketches! Wishing you a happy spring too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope I can turn some of these drafts into actual clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the drawings are nice

    visit my blog if you like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Skizzen sind echt schön :) Hübsche Ideen!

    Ich hab übrigens eine Overlock. Da würd ich dich auch mal drauf nähen lassen, aber halt nur bei mir. Herborgen mag ich sie nicht.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke dir! Oh, das ist ja nett von dir! Kein Problem, ich versteh schon warum du sie nicht herborgen willst, ich würds auch nicht! :) Aber da komm ich gern mal drauf zurück, vielen Dank!

      Delete
  5. Oh, ein Zelda-Cosplay wäre ja echt genial. Auch Zero-Suit Samus Aran ist ne gute Idee (auch wenn ich hier nachvollziehen kann, dass das wohl etwas schwerer wäre.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allerdings ^^' Ich hätte aber ohnehin mehr Lust auf ein Zelda Cosplay, aber ich könnte mich grad nicht für eines der beiden Designs entscheiden.^^

      Delete