Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Daenerys Targaryen

I'm not particularly a fan of Daenerys (Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin), but my friend is. So I did a little drawing for her Birthday. ;) As I haven't seen the HBO adaption yet, this is what I imagine Dany to look like from reading the book, wearing her "Dothraki riding leathers and braids".
I took a few progress pictures this time!

Some thoughts on composition (and a Zelda scribble from the backpage slightly shining through^^'):

fleshing out...

Outlines..
Aaaand the finished one...
huh? Some WIP - steps are missing here, you say? Uh, well. When I start colouring, I always get carried away a little and forget to take pictures.. Sorry! ^^' I'll try to remember next time!


Done with copic markers and Neopiko outliners.

About my art block - I'm not sure if it's still there. The Daenerys picture just happened somehow. It was done in one shot (with a short dinner break) and I had fun doing it. I'm going to have a little drawing session  again tonight and then we'll see. Maybe it was false alarm and I was just not in the mood to draw back then. :D

4 comments:

  1. I have to emphasize once more how much I love it, Katrin. Such a beautiful gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, ich bin froh dass es dir gefällt. :) Wenn wir uns wieder sehen, kriegst du das Blatt auch :D

      Delete