Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Time flies

So it's examination time again D:

And I'm busy. Frantically busy. Like so busy that every hour matters in terms of getting through all my papers. Therefore I will probably not blog for the next three weeks again.

I spent one last holiday-like weekend at the countryside with my best friend and my dog to take a deep breath before all the work starts again and I enjoyed it so much. We took long walks and as if to cheer me up, some of my favourite animals appeared every now and then. I saw a lot of wild deer (including Baby Bambis ♥), rabbits, frogs and even falcons. I only missed seeing a bear, but my friend was rather relieved we didn't, haha..
And then there were the most beautiful flowers, berries and funny mushrooms, so it was a great inspiration for drawing.




Together with some delicious food (yummy salmon pasta!), the new album of my favourite band and some books, those three days were just perfect. :) Oh and I almost forgot to tell! At some night walk we even saw a falling star and made a wish. I can't recall having seen a falling star ever before two months ago. And now I saw another one, which makes it two this year. If my wishes are going to come true, I shall be really lucky. :D

So now I'll have to get back to work, but I'll try to spend the little spare time I get on my sketchbook so I have something to show you afterwards. :) I have some new ideas for this blog and even started a to do list of things I want to feature here, but this will have to wait just a little longer.

See you in a few weeks!
Katrin


8 comments:

  1. Wooooow, you're getting super good at botanical illustration! Maybe you could frame them ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I really grew fond of botanical illustration over time. ♥ Those two pictures are for the friend I spent the weekend with; to say thank you.

      Delete
  2. Super, die sind so wunderschön geworden. Wenn ich das richtig sehe, nimmst du die Pflanzen als Referenz mit? Ist das im untersten Bild Holunder?
    Mich würde auch mal interessieren, ob du die mit Bleistift vorzeichnest oder einfach mit Copics drauf losmalst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke dir :) Genau, ich bin oft mit meinem Hund auf Achse, und dann sammle ich alles ein, was mir interessant erscheint. Blumen, Blätter, Steine... und die zeichne ich dann daheim. Je nach Laune nur schnelle Bleistiftskizzen, oder eben in Farbe. Wenn ich das mit Copics mache, male ich einfach drauf los. Bei Aquarell fühle ich mich noch unsicher, da mache ich vorher Bleistifskizzen.

      Delete
  3. How lovely you got to go to the country-side and especially got to see wild deer! I love deer, they're so mysterious and pretty (cute as well) in my opinion ^^ Anyways, I really like your art. It's very pretty as your blog is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yeah, deer are so cute, aren't they? I feel just as happy seeing a wild one out in the forest than spotting a falling star.

      Delete
  4. Danke, dass du meinem Blog folgst! Ich hoffe, es stört dich nicht aber ich hab dich für so ein Frage- Beantwort Spiel getagged. Kenn sonst keinen, der einen Blog schreibt^^
    hier siehst du die Regeln und meine Fragen:
    http://dippedinchoco.blogspot.co.at/2012/10/my-blog-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sind hübsch geworden :D wäre eine sehr schöne Beschäftigung für den Herbst. Sollte ich vllt auch mal ausprobieren, aber ich hab einfach so viel zu tun, das wird sich wohl leider nicht ganz ausgehen. Ich halte mich eher an schnelle Sekunden oder auch Minutenskizzen ^^ die aber auch kaum jemand zu Gesicht bekommt.

    Danke für das Willkommen zurück :3 freut mich auch wieder da zu sein.

    ReplyDelete