Friday, 22 March 2013

Goodybe

Today was my Grandma's funeral. My Granny had serious health problems about a year ago, but she really had recovered over the past months. Recently she caught a cold and then last week she suddenly died because of breathlessness. I can't believe she overcame all of her previous health issues and that she is gone now just because of a simple cold.

We had a heart shaped flower bouquet for her grave and some songs of her favourite opera, Rigoletto, played. I think she would have liked that. Rest in peace Grandma. At least you're with Grandpa now.


5 comments:

  1. That's so sad :-(. I wish you the best....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther! I still can't believe she's gone.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. But I agree with you, she's with your grandpa and she can look out for all of you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, dear Nini!

      Delete
  3. I do totally agree with you - I like Rigoletto with the same passion as you do. I prefer especially the scene with the suffering father - it is so mournful and genuine and I cannot restrain from tears every time I watch it!

    ReplyDelete