Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Last weekend

I spent the last few days thinking a lot. There were just so many things happening recently that changed my life completely, I don't really know what to make of it yet. After my grandma's funeral I was really down. And the therapy we're trying on my dog doesn't really show any positive effects, either. But most of the issues bothering me right now are things I can't change. So I guess all I can do is live my life and make the best of it. It's just kinda hard sometimes.

Additionally, I seem to have one of those phases in which I'm always unsatisfied with anything I draw. I hope I get over it soon. Because drawing has become some kind of anchor for me. As I've said already: it's like meditating and I manage to rest my mind a little.

At the weekend I took out a sketch I did on Valentine's Day for colouring. My boyfriend was at his office all day and I felt kind of lonely. ^^' It's a fanart of Link and Malon from Ocarina of Time. One of my favourite video game couples. Copics and pastells, as usual.





At some point I just got tired of that picture and stopped. I don't know exactly what's bothering me so much about it, though. Do you see any crucial flaws? Hmm..

By the way, my next blog post is going to be about marker papers and why I'm using the wrong side of the paper! (Yes, seriously!!) Several people asked for a tutorial on working with copics and that would be part one of a series. If you have any questions in particular, do not hesitate to ask and I will include my answers in the tutorial posts.

Otherwise, I tried some of the cupcake recipies I prepared! That's my own creation: vanilla raspberry cupcakes! I used real vanilla beans and fresh raspberries. The best I made so far, I think. I love baking!


7 comments:

  1. OMG cute sketch ! love it

    http://newsabesabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. On nnjammmmmi... these cupcakes look delicious! And very pretty too! :) Will you be sharing the recipe?

    And we all have this kind of phases but I think you already know that the only thing to do here, is keep going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll include it in my next post then! ;)

      True! I'll just hang in there!

      Delete
  3. Oh, dear!
    It will get better someday ...

    The thing with painting is that you have to go on. You may feel frustrated now, but someday you will do something great - it's all about practicing and repeating ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a romantic scene! I always look for new wonderful pics at your blog and my expectations are never broken and let down. You are at the top of thing!

    ReplyDelete