Sunday, 10 March 2013

New bookmark and a botanical studies collage

Hello ^_^ What's up?

My friend is a big fan of the mobile dating sim game "Be my princess" and asked for a picture of Glenn, her favourite character. I suggested making a bookmark and went to work right away when she approved. As a little surprise I also added Glenn's little brother Alan, because I know my friend likes him as well. I did the whole thing in one go from about 1 to 5 am in the morning, sipping tea, having some chocolate and cookies and listening to music. When I went to bed after that, I felt great. I love to draw all night long. It's all so quiet and surreal; sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world.
And then at times I'm even granted the sight of a jolly sunrise in the end. Like getting a reward for being creative all night long. :) How about you? Do you like to burn the midnight oil, too?

Copic markers and pastells in my Hahnemühle marker sketchbook:


Furthermore, my boyfriend did a collage of all my 2012 botanical studies he and I liked best. Remember some of these? :) I love how this collage represents all four seasons now.


From tomorrow onwards I'll go to IT classes as a preparation for my Master studies in October. Feels good to have an occupation again! I will still be free in the afternoons and therefore have time for drawing. :D Yay!

Good night
Katrin 

9 comments:

  1. I like the idea with the book mark! It's cute and useful and looks so pretty (^_^) very lovely.
    The collage is amazing *.* Love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love making bookmarks! They're quickly done, useful and they make nice little presents :)
      Looking at the collage even makes me a little proud. I'm always super self-ciritcal (refering to my art, and generally too..) but I realised I've really improved at nature studies at last. :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    I really like that collage, the paintings are beautiful! <3

    Girls that glitter love the dark
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia :) I've been following your blog for while already - I love your coordinates. ETC is one of m favourite brands, too! ♥

      Delete
  3. I love your botanical drawings! Did your boyfriend compose this collage digitally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them, Esther :) Yes he did, I don't own most of the originals anymore because I often give my drawings to friends.^^ So he used the scans I had saved.

      Delete
  4. Amazing drawings, gives positive feeling!And collage is great, your bf did great job!!

    I understand you that at night its more inspiration to create!
    Good luck!)
    http://beautyofheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear that my work spreads a positive feeling, what a nice compliment! :)

      Your blog looks great, I'm doing to follow you there ^.^

      Delete
    2. Thank yo uso much!! Follow you back with pleasure!)

      Delete