Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Retrospective arttrade

Hello dear readers! ^_^
Did you have a nice Easter holiday? What did you do?
I spent mine in Germany and had a great time! Would you like to see some photos next time? :)

I'm preparing the tutorial about different marker papers. You can still send me questions so I will include my answers in that post, or suggest a topic for another tutorial!

Before I went to Germany, I had a long due meet up with Verena! More than two years ago (O_O), my friends Verena, Steve and me decided to do a "triple arttrade": everyone would produce two pictures - one for each person - and therefore get two in return. We wanted to hand them over personally and promised not to upload them somewhere in advance to keep them a surprise.
I think all of us were done with our drawings quite soon, actually. But we just never managed to meet up all together! :( We were living in different places (at first) and everyone was busy at times. After all that time, Verena and me decided to finally swap at least our pictures and spent a really nice evening together at her place! :D

Back when we were setting our trade conditions, Verena told me she got inspired by this photo of me and that her drawing would somewhat refer to it:


Still remembering that, I was really curious about her drawing! But before she gave me the actual picture, I got these as hints: (just a mobile pic, sorry!)


Buttonnnss!! Verena's got a button machine and she made me these! :D
Well, the ones with the girl did seem a little familiar, and that bird cage, too.. but I really didn't know what to make of those wild cats. xD Until she gave me the real thing!


A fake Manga cover! Aaaand a back page, too! She even thought up some story to it! I was blown away! She put so much effort in her part of the trade! Once again, thank you soo much, Verena! I love it! What a pity it's just a fake Manga. I would totally read it! :D

Well, and here's what I did for her! At that time she was already working on her Bachelor paper for University and I wanted to encourage her somehow. I also know she's into Science Fiction and robots! So I drew her together with some robot assistant for her laboratory work.


Keep in mind that this picture is more than two years old! Don't ask me where the light source would be. I. don't. know! The part below is about one week younger than the rest. I really screwed up there and so I drew that desk in the front again on a new paper and glued it into the original picture, haha...
I would have done a lot of things differently now, but I still like it a lot. And I think this is one of the first pictures - if not the first - I coloured with that mix of copics and pastells that has become my default mode. :)
What do you think about it?

By the way, I'm always open for arttrades! If you would like to do an arttrade with me, just tell me!

Katrin ♥




10 comments:

  1. You are adorable and I love this type of bird cages. So pretty.

    Verena made you really nice presents and your drawing was well thought about too! It's great to do art swaps like this. I'll do one with you when I get into drawing a bit more... or at least when I'll do a few of the assignments from the book ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks nini! That photo was shot at my parent's place, I've always loved that bird cage. But when I got Verena's picture I realized I had not seen it the last time I visited them... I have to ask them where they put it! :O

      Yay, let's do that! ^_^ I'd love to make a swap with you!

      Delete
  2. die buttons sind voll süß:3 und dein outfit auch♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja gell? :) Haha danke, das Foto ist ja jetzt damit auch schon über 2 Jahre alt. xD

      Delete
  3. I am so looking forward to another art trade some time!
    Thank you SO SO SO MUCH for the awesome picture! I love it :D

    Now I'm looking for a nice frame because I don't want to put it up just like any other image. It is special to me! :D

    I am also so glad that you like yours, too. Like I said, I would use a different colour scheme if I had to do it all over again. ^^ Thank you so much for mentioning it here! ^^
    (And maybe I'll draw a page one day. So that you can read it 2 years later or so xDXDXD However, I suck at manga pages. I tried years back and it was...well...terrible XD One problem are the resources: I'd love to use some kind of screen tone but I haven't found a satisfying way to do that on the computer)

    - V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I treasure yours, too ♥ And I love the colours. Just look at the colour scheme of my blog! ;)

      Delete
  4. Very nice buttons! I like the idea of the manga cover - it's very cute ^▽^
    You look very lovely in this picture ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo of you is lovely! The birdcage is incredible! *O*

    I love looking at people's artwork, I always admire from afar since I'm unable to draw.

    Girls that glitter love the dark
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! :) It's all a matter of practice, when I look at my old works, I burst out into laughter :D

      Delete