Wednesday, 18 December 2013

IF: Spirit & Pattern

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to upload this week's picture for Illustration Friday before going to bed, the current topic is Spirit. The alternative title for this piece is Tea. :)

Very rudimentary sketch I started with:


I had also started something for last week's topic, which was Pattern, but I didn't finish it in time and so it didn't make it on the page, but whatever. :) This is just a teaser. I'm putting the whole thing under a cut, because it shows some nudity. Just to be on the safe side.

Once again I experienced how well it works for me to burn the midnight oil. To just stay up and draw until I don't manage to stay awake any longer. In the stillness of night it's like some barrier is down, and the pictures just stream onto the paper almost by themselves. They don't get filtered by my mind and I don't care so much about little flaws. I let them happen. And the results may not be technically perfect, but I think they often are way more interesting than the pictures I spend a lot of time on and try to make look perfect. And most of all, it's just so much fun this way. ♥




 Good night!

 - Katrin


1 comment:

  1. Now that's a very interesting concept.... having your mind too tired to cut in. I think I've been able to experience almost the same thing with the little sketches I did just before bed time. You are onto something my friend!

    And I absolutely really like the Spirit one. Well, the other one looks very interesting too but since I can't see it in full.... ;)

    It's great seeing you draw so much!

    ReplyDelete