Thursday, 12 December 2013

Robots & Space

Good evening :)

I think I'm almost done with my retro-posts. There may be one or two more with things I wanted to show and tell, but everything else is a little too personal to upload. ^^' Here is another more recent post!

Last weekend I went to Vienna, and on Sunday I finally got to visit that robot exhibition at the Technical Museum that I've been longing to see for ages. It was the last day of it - lucky me! Also, they started an exhibition about space, and that's something else I would have wanted to see, anyway. 

Both were really well done and inspiring. I was glad to have my sketchbook with me and I spent hours walking around and drawing! :) I also filled several pages with just notes on stuff I want to keep in mind for further investigation (not featured^^) and filmed a little when there was a live presentation of Nao. I'm so in love with this little guy! No sketch of him, though. The presentation place was sooo crowded. :L

But here are some scans:





I don't have as many sketches from the Space station as I have from the robot one. On one hand, I didn't have that much time left, and on the other hand, I got a little carried away in one corner. :D There was this huge black tent with big, cosy divan beds beneath. Up in the centre of that tent, they projected video material recorded from the ISS, and every bed had earphones to put on, where you could listen to a special space-themed playlist. It was awesome! I could have lain there forever. ♥
I was especially happy when I suddenly heard the first tones of Bowie's Space Oddity. I've already loved this song as a child, singing along in Fantasy English without really knowing what it was about. ;) (Well, I only knew it was about an astronaut - my Dad explained that much to me - and that's why I liked it so much.^^)


Remember my last post and my frustration about daily drawing and stuff? Well I think I already made some progress in the meantime. I really like the ones I made that Sunday, even though I didn't spend that much time on them. I also changed my on the way- drawing tools. But I will tell you about that another time. It's that late again already, aaah!

Good night!
- Katrin ♥

4 comments:

  1. Wow! These are all gorgeous! I didn't even get the chance to comment on your previous post and here's another one :) You are doing awsome so no bad thoughts allowed, ok? ;)

    But the way you sketched the robots and did the colored page... it shows you had an interest in them, that you loved observing and drawing so I guess it's really about that... the "want to" and not the "have to".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, nini ♥ Yeah, I'm trying to finally catch up with everything. :D
      It certainly makes a huge difference if the object you're trying to draw is something you're interested in. Of course I'd like to be equally able to draw any kind of things, but practice makes perfect.

      Delete
  2. Long time no see! I'm sorry, I didn't comment for so long m(_ _)"m
    Your drawings look so good (*.*) I could never draw machines and stuff and was always a bit jelly of people who could do that (^^)"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hi, how have you been? :)
      Thank you so much :D

      Delete