Saturday, 31 May 2014

Being restless

... the manifesto of a troubled art amateur.

Hello there, dear readers.
Howdedo?

Well, yes, this blog has been on hiatus again for a while - except for two quick Illustration Friday uploads. In the meantime, I did a little bit of art, and a big bit of thinking. A whole lot of thinking.

It seems like the difficulties in my life are to go on for another while. :/ But that is not a subject for this blog, an art blog. And some of you reading this I consider my friends. And you who are, know what's going on anyway.

But onto the art part. I feel like sharing this with you.

Recently I suffer some kind of... art puberty. Mmh yes, I might put it like that.
The creativity hormones are going crazy in my mind. On one day there's too much of them, and then there's a lack. And even on days with a large scale of them, I can't really work it. It confuses me.

So I constantly switch from a phase in which I desperately want to create, to another where I don't pay attention to my sketchbooks and pencils, my guitar, or my camera. Unfortunately, the system is more balanced towards the latter state.

It is not a simple art block where I more or less put up with a steady period of not creating until things start flowing again. I start a picture, and then I have to pause to sleep or go to uni and later, on the same day, I wouldn't continue, because the mood is suddenly gone. I work on something, I do something else for a couple of hours, and then I decide to leave it. And when I have another creative rush, I start something new. And then the circle continues. And now I have this pile of unfinished works...

Some moments I think of restarting this blog all over, paying more attention again to all my social media art communites and stuff, because it feels good to get feedback.
And then again, I don't care about publishing something at all.

I'm restless. I can neither settle with a state of constant creative flow, or "constant leaving it be", as I too had it sometimes. Which is really frustrating. :/

I realised that there are a lot of battles going on in me, the troubled artist teenager going through puberty.

Of course, being anxious in life generally possibly causes an effect on my art streak, too.

I wish I would manage to channel all this anxiety and work it into my art. I tried, but it's not flowing smoothly. I get stuck.

Dear readers, have you ever experienced such a state? How did you manage?
I want to move forward, be it one direction or the other.









1 comment:

  1. has an Replica watches UK interesting story to tell about where they operate and who they sell to. Whether you buy Rolex Daytona replica watches from brick and mortar retailers or prefer to buy replica watches online, these are the Replica Watches stores that help shape our watch culture around the globe. There is a long list of stores to Replica handbags cover, but if there is a retail location in your favorite city that we simply can’t handbag replica miss, let us know in the comments.

    ReplyDelete