Thursday, 6 November 2014

Thank you! ♥

Dear readers,

aaand again it's been a while! I have been so, so, so awfully busy ever since the university program started in September. I think I've never had to study that hard in my life before, I'm so exhausted. It's really interesting though, and that keeps me going.

Recently I felt drawn back to this blog here, and the art community in general. Thanks to you - yes you! :) Some of you have really encouraged me. So I would like to thank you who sent me messages and comments on Facebook, Instagram, etc. You really cheered me up and motivated me! ♥ I wish that being active in the art community again could be some creative balance to studying so much. That would be great. 

It's only that I don't really now what to do now. :D
Most of the art I did in the meantime is pretty personal, and very sad sometimes, and I'm not sure if I want to share any of this. Also, I don't feel like digging up the past like that. Maybe it's better to have a fresh start, and create and share new art instead. ♪♫
 Well except for one thing!

I want to show you this ACEO I made for my dear friend Nini! We decided on an art trade with ACEO cards and the topic was Cabin in the woods. I don't even remember when we set the trade, I think it must have been about a year ago! I painted it in May, just as my whole life turned into total chaos, and so I didn't send it right away; it unfortunately ended up in a box and stayed there for some months, forgotten. When I packed my things to move once more, I found it, and at least took it to Sweden with me. Some more weeks passed...

Two weeks ago I FINALLY got some furniture for my new place here (I had been sleeping on an air mattress since the end of August, seriously!) and when I put my art stuff in my new desk's drawers, I found it again. And I finally sent it - together with another one to make up for the delay, and it arrived safely in Slovenia and Nini liked it, yaay!. :)


I turned the cabin in the woods into a gingerbread house and made it a Hänsel & Gretel illustration.
She even made it her daily happy pic, that made me happy too. ♥ It encourages me that something I painted during my hard times is still bringing someone a little bit of joy.



I love ACEOs. They are small, so they are done really quickly, but not too small so that you can still do detail work. That's why I would like to take up making them again. It's so much fun to swap them, too!

Despite being so busy, I feel very inspired by my surroundings here, and all the new impressions every day. I would like to do some scenery studies like I did in Salzburg and share them here.

I would like to regularly submit to Illustration Friday again.

And because I want to thank my awesome art friends here, I think of some Give Away to happen soon. ^_^

So that's the plan.
I hope I'll manage!

Good night!
/Katrin

4 comments:

  1. Oh YES! Do that please.... the scenery studies of your new surroundings, I'd love to see where you are and how you see it. I'm glad art is such a big part of your life as it has so much healing power. One must never ever abandon creating.

    Great to see you back, hope to see more in the future too ;)

    hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll try to keep it up again. I missed blogging. :)

      Delete
  2. to the fall in Rolex Daytona sterling.The rise in luxury spending in the UK might help brands with British heritage such as Replica Watches Burberry, which have suffered from falling numbers of Chinese visitors to Europe due to terror fears, and to Replica handbags Hong Kong because of visa changes.Welcome back to an BuyWatchesTop original handbag replica series, where we discuss important stores that sell replica watches all over the world. Replica watches UK Each store we profile .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So all the point which as you mention i am totally agreed.
    Thanks for your kind information.
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete